Soft Tissue Orthopedics (STO) is an all encompassing healing technique developed by Dr. M.L. Rees of Sedan, Kansas from over thirty three years of in depth research. Large portions of this research had been conducted in over 200 doctors clinics throughout the world. Soft Tissue Orthopedics (STO) is performed by the doctor totally by his hands, no hand held adjusting instruments. Chiropractic in its full meaning of laying on of the hands to heal is acted out in full performance by Soft Tissue Orthopedics (STO). This is the art and practice of chiropractic. Dr. Rees used the word Orthopedics with Soft Tissue because he was a diplomat in orthopedics and felt that it was the strongest branch of the study of Orthopedics. He felt it most nearly resembled chiropractic hands on techniques.
Basic Premise and Teaching of Soft Tissue Orthopedics
1. Soft Tissue Orthopedics (STO) attempts to repair the lines of communication to the brain repair centers and the lines of communication the repair crews have to follow to repair the abnormal part.
2. The body is controlled and repaired under direction of the Central Nervous System.
3. The body tends to always attempt to normalize and maintain its Triune of Well Being.
4. All things that exist either vibrate at a normal rate or an abnormal disease rate that can be normalized by chiropractic hands on techniques.
5. Soft Tissue Orthopedics (STO) is able to discover what is the major problem in a patient. The Triune Of Well Being has three angles that are normal in health or state of well being. The physical, mental, and spiritual angles. Soft Tissue Orthopedics (STO) works to restore balance to the primary angle in distortion.
Dr. Davis was certified by Dr. M.L. Rees in 1984 and has taught Soft Tissue Orthopedics around the United States and Internationally. He utilizes STO has part of his Davis Advanced Health System.